Friday, January 7, 2011

How Could I Forget?

I was looking through some pictures this morning and realized I had forgot to post one of the projects I made for Kylie for Christmas this year. It was a huge hit thanks to Ana White! I dont know how I did not know about her site. When I first found it I was in awe, I spent WAY too much time on there drooling over WAY to many projects. Since Kylie was asking for a big girl doll I knew this doll bed would be the perfect accompianment!


This was my very first time to build anything from wood, and I can tell you the plans were very easy to follow. This inspired me to build MANY more projects. The nice man at Home Depot cut most of the boards for me as I did not have a saw of my own and I went to work.

The mattress was cut from a piece of foam I bought from Hobby Lobby. I made a fitted sheet, pillows, and blanket.

AND....guess what I got for Christmas after this beauty was made? I got my very own Circular saw and Jigsaw. Hubby is scared to death I might loose a finger-let's pray that never happens! Now, how do I narrow down which project to build next? Should I dive right into the Playhouse Loft Bed for Kylie's room and to complete the room Dress Up Storage, Grace's Town, and Kitchen? Or start with something a little smaller like the Corner Cupboard, or the Locker Cabinet?

No comments:

Post a Comment