Monday, May 10, 2010

Strawberry Pickin...


Last Friday we had the chance to visit a local farm for the first time this year. We love to go out there every summer and pick fresh fruit and vegetables. The kids enjoy watching the bees and chasing the dog and of course-EATING the goodies! The farmer teased that he was going to have to weigh Aiden when I paid for our strawberries becuase he ate so many!

I ended up with twice as many strawberries as I intended to get. With 5 kids and 4 adults picking it didnt take long to fill our "little pails" as Kylie called them. So, Saturday morning I set off to make starwberry jam. This was my first attempt at jelly so I was a little nervous, but OH DID IT TURN OUT YUMMY! It is to die for! This will definatly be added to my list of yearly to-dos!

I needed to share my labors with my dear friend who went and helped pick, so along with her jars of jam I made her this card. The Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety papers were perfect for this card.



I simply did a search for a strawberry pattern, printed it out and traced it onto my cardstock (folded in half to make the fold in the card). After that I covered it in patterned paper and dressed it up a bit. I used a button made by London Tierney on the top. I just LOVE her buttons-she is amazing! The inside reads "for being a sweet friend" using the Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Alphas.

Papercrafts happens to be holding a call for their Gallery Idol 2010 contest. You are asked to submit a thank you card, so I posted this one to the gallery. There is a lot of amazing talent over there, but I can hope huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment